Version history of FindWord
Is it worthwhile to update to the latest version? This list of changes can help
you make that decision. The changes noted refer respectively to the previous version.
- Version 2.43 – April 6, 2008
- Erroneously empty preview window can be refreshed
via key F5.
- Version 2.42 – November 28, 2007
- Bug fixes:
the index run happened invisibly in the background at the end
- Export is now also
possible for boolean operations;
- Combination of
booleaen operations corrected.
- Version 2.41 – November 28, 2006
- A parameter-driven installation without GUI is
now possible via an automated software distribution as "silent
- Bug fix: When several parallel directories were
indexed, problems could sometimes occur when creating and updating
the index files.
- Version 2.40 – August 14, 2006
- The handbook was added to the menu.
- Bug fix: The path display in "Options -
- Version 2.31 – March 8, 2006
- Improved translation in menus and dialogs;
- Additional file name extensions for text files
- Recognition of numbers and dates according to
- Version 2.30 – February 12, 2006
- New function to index Outlook files
with the following possibilities:
with or without "Junk-E-Mail" or "Deleted objects";
- In addition,
"Contacts", "Appointments", "Tasks", "Notes", "Reports" and "Journal"
can be indexed;
- Hits can be displayed
either in FindWord's preview window or directly in Outlook.
- Bug fixes and extensions:
- Bug in
- Projects can optionally
be completely deleted on program deinstallation
- Correct word entries
for encrypted Emails
- Sort the hit list
by file type or Email type
- Version 2.21 – September 26, 2005
- Choose what is to be indexed:
- only the
file content (as in previous versions),
- only the
file name, or
- file content
and file name
- Select file positioning in the preview window:
- Start of file
(as in previous versions), or
- Position to the
first search word occurence
- Display of file header in the preview window
- New heap storage mechanism in main memory for large indexes
- New method of registration and activation
- Various minor bug fixes
- Version 2.20 – July 18, 2005
- Two different ways to view a target document via double-click
on it's name:
left opens a preview window with the file search word(s) marked,
- Double-click right opens the file in it's standard
programm, as in previous versions, and
positions the cursor at the first
- Indexing of Outlook-POP3-Emails; they are always displayed
in the preview window.
- Personal-Version free of charge for
- Version 2.16 – April 11, 2005
- Can now read Emails
stored in files in eml format.
- Improvements in the online registration and
- Changes in heap memory management allow even
more files to be indexed.
- Default setting of "Options"-"Project auto-open"
- Bugfix: After an index update now all category entries
- Version 2.15 – February 2, 2005
- New columns for the asterisk and plus symbols
in the filter window.
- Significant extension of the online help and handbook.
- Various bug fixes.
- Version 2.14 – November 29, 2004
- Indexing of Power Point and
Open-Office text files added.
- Project Information now also shows the included and excluded paths.
- Automatic update of selected projects via scheduler.
- Various bug fixes.